INHALE. EXHALE. DISCOVER WELLNESS
At True Path Yoga, we offer a variety of classes to suit every level, you can be sure to find a class suited to your needs. True Path Yoga offers Beginners Foundation Sessions to help you get into the groove of flow with instruction and guidance from the very beginning. Whether you are a beginning student or simply new to TPY, we believe that fitness is for every body. No matter your age, strength or flexibility level, true path yoga heals, detoxifies and exhilarates the body and mind. The most important thing when practicing, especially as a beginner, is to remember that everyone was once a beginner! Everyone learns and grows at their own level, so remember to only focus on yourself during class. Letting go of your ego is one of the most important things yoga can teach you.
BENEFITS OF YOGA
FOR YOUR PHYSICAL SELF
FOR YOUR MENTAL SELF
Yoga is much more than simply twisting your body in impossible poses. It is a meeting of mind and body that together give you the health benefits of mindful exercise. With tremendous positive effects such as normalization of blood pressure, reducing stress, weight loss and cholesterol control, yoga has become a global favorite form of exercise and movement.
HOW SHOULD I START?
- THAT'S EASY! Try a variety of our classes, pace yourself, each class you will pick up 1 or 2 new little tips.
- We really want you to experience first hand how amazing yoga is – 3 or 4 times a week for the first month will do it. Once you find your rhythm, and favorite style, you can now build a schedule!
WHAT IF I AM THE 'LEAST FLEXIBLE' PERSON IN THE WORLD?
- PERFECT! All the more reason for you to come see us!
- When you get started you’ll quickly realize that yoga is about a lot more than flexibility
- Other awesome side effects? greater resilience to stress, improved mood, improved sleep, stronger, leaner, less aches & pains, more patient, more productive at work, improved performance in other sports / activities. Benefits are personal and endless.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Yoga mat
- Wear comfortable and loose clothing
- Water bottle
- Towel (optional)
- Try to arrive 10 minutes before the start of class to say hi to your friends and settle in
- Drink plenty of water before and after class
- Remember to fill out our online waiver before your first visit
- If it’s your first visit, arrive a bit sooner to introduce yourself to our instructors
TIPS FOR YOUR FIRST DAY
- Introduce yourself to the teacher before class begins. Let them know about any health concerns you might have and let them know this is your first class. Feel free to ask questions before and after class!
- Other students will slowly filter in…and will lie on the mat in Savasana to calm their minds, some will greet and chat with fellow members, others will sit quietly and observe their surroundings. Do what makes you feel comfortable but we encourage quiet voices and whispers to respect those around us.
- It’s best to do yoga on an empty stomach; two to four hours after a big meal, one to two hours after a light snack.
- Do yoga barefoot. Wear comfortable loose or stretchy clothes.
- Keep your movements smooth and slow and breathe slowly through your nose. The Yoga Breath (ooh-jai) Don’t hold your breath.
- Be alert and attentive and listen for the cues to guide you through the practice.
- Feeling the need to rest? No worries. Take a deep breath, sit or lie down and take a quick break. Often postures look more difficult than they are, not to worry, just take your time with it and stay positive! And, by all means, don’t hesitate to signal to the instructor if you need support.
- Take sips of water during the session and be sure to drink a glass of water at the end.
- Remember that yoga is not competitive; don’t compare yourself with others, or strain or push yourself to be like someone else. Just go at your own pace.
- Be patient with yourself and don’t expect to master every pose or to be strong and flexible right away.
- Progress comes gradually. Everyone in the class may be at different levels so allow yourself several classes to get into the flow – remember, the more you practice, the more you will benefit from each class. Our members come from a few days of experience to a few years, no need to push yourself to do something that you have never done before. Listen to your body.